Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin

Should I pass IR or CPL first

• Flydude
  • Topic Author

Flydude created the topic: Should I pass IR or CPL first

Hi Bob and everyone,
I am an overseas pilot who wants to convert ATPL and 737/787 type ratings. I got my Australian PPL month ago, but now I have some questions confused me very much.

1. the ASIC team told me they had approved my AVID application, but by CLARC's reason, they can't release the card to me. CLARC said I had not submitted form 61-4B. I checked form 61-4A, and it says PPL has not required 2 step application and only need 61-4A.

2.I understand it is not a mandatory requirement for IR before CPL yet ATPL. But do you have any idea if I add my instrument rating ahead of my CPL flight test will batter than do it between CPL and ATPL application?

3. during my CPL Air Law exam, do I have to carry all books and references which mentioned by CASA on its website to the venue where I participate my exam? that looks like a lot of papers, but if I should I will do that, just want to confirm.

Many thanks ahead, really want to get my ATPL and ratings during this summer.
Cheers!
Ryan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Should I pass IR or CPL first

Hello Ryan
As far as the confusion with forms required, I'm afraid that's out of my area. Looks like you might have to resort to communicating with CASA.

Regarding the documents. I have produced an extract for CPL Air Law that covers only the content applicable to the exam. It may be used for references to the CAO, CAR and CASR. That is available as a pdf flie at no cost if you contact Maree at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. Just ask for the file to be sent to your email address. You will have to get it printed and bound and CASA have given permission for it to be brought into the exam room providing it has no tabs or hand-written notes. It must be bound (no loose sheets). You will still need the Air Services documents of AIP and ERSA.

Good luck

Bob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.179 seconds