Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× This is the forum where our students can discuss things relating to their studies or experiences they have had while studying Bob's courses. Please keep it clean, professional and of course entertaining!

Commercial Training

• Ray
  • Topic Author

Ray created the topic: Commercial Training

Okay so I am now flogging myself at the alter of CPL flight training. I have passed (thanks to Bob) my CPL theory and God willing will have my CPL in a few weeks. So, should I go on to IREX and/or ATPL theory while my brain is fresh-ish or should I just focus on getting a job and worry later?

I know this is a very individual question, but I would love to hear from more experienced pilots out there about how they might approach it.

Also.... as Bob has no ATPL texts, can anyone recommend some really good ones? (Note to Bob... ATPL texts pleeeeeease!).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Commercial Training

Ray

Congratulations Ray on getting CPL behind you. I remember when I was going through the theory mill, each time I thought I'd climbed a mountain it simply revealed a view of yet another mountain ahead. Come to think of it, that's still happening even now.

My advice is to get the IREX theory behind you first - even if you can't do the flying at the moment. The ATPL theory assumes that you are an IFR flight of course, since you don't go hooning around in a 777 VFR [but that would be fun!].

I have no direct association with ATPL schools but we have always worked closely with the team at Advanced Flight Theory on the Sunshine Coast. AFT's web page at aft.com.au/ will give you all the details.

Bob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds