Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Air Law question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Carriage of Cargo General

• Thank you received: 0

Jase88 created the topic: Carriage of Cargo General

Hi Bob,

Please find attached image.

I have checked the relevant regulations and i can't seem to find the section that explains that the cargo must be restrained? It states that the cargo must not block emergency exits though.

Thanks,

Jason
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 239

Stuart Tait replied the topic: Carriage of Cargo General

G'day Jason

The question references the wrong section of the CASR it should be Part 91.585 I'll update that question to reflect that

Cheers

Jase88 replied the topic: Carriage of Cargo General

Hi Stuart,

Thanks for the quick response.

After further investigation I've found that If the question states "one condition that ALWAYS applies" then all of those answer options would have to be incorrect. There are provisions for when you can put cargo on a control seat, put cargo in an emergency exit, put cargo in the cabin. Also there is even times when you aren't required to restrain certain cargo, eg an assistance animal carried in passenger cabin, carry on baggage, cargo to be dropped from the aircraft etc.

Thanks

• zegnaangelo

zegnaangelo replied the topic: Carriage of Cargo General

yes i agree that all of the answer are incorrect (i think it has been badly / incorrectly worded in this instance)

this question (and that of the carriage of dog) keeps doing my head in. do dog's need to be carried in a container (seems answer is no with the new regulations - pilot just has to be satisfied it is restrained properly for takeoff / landing)

Jase88 replied the topic: Carriage of Cargo General

Yes, it probably needs to be amended.

I haven't come across that particular question but i'll keep a lookout for it, thanks.

The changes from Dec 2021 have made things quite difficult to comprehend, also the practice exams have a lot of old regulations that need to be updated. Just keep sending through feedback as i believe it will help with clarification and also for future pilots using these resources.

All the best

Time to create page: 0.122 seconds