Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Air Law question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

CPL Air Law passed

• baddles
  • Topic Author

baddles created the topic: CPL Air Law passed

I just passed CPL Air Law with 100% - woo hoo!

Other contributors to this forum have also scored 100% so it's definitely within reach for you all.

A few comments:
  • I highly recommend using Bob's study guide. It is very well designed for the task. I tried other books and found them much less helpful.
  • The key to this topic is to know where to find the information, rather than simply recalling what the rule is. Although you could easily get 70% of the questions right by remembering each flight rule off the top of your head, the pass mark is 80%, and to achieve that, you'll need to look up the exact wording and the conditions in the rules.
  • Learning this topic is like getting familiar with someone else's kitchen. At the beginning it seems like a mess. You need to reach the point where you just know where to find everything. Cutlery? Second drawer. Tea towels? Airing cupboard. Low flying over a populated area? CAR 157. Seat belts? CAO 20.16.3. Just keep practising and it will fall into place.
  • Strongly recommended to get hold of your own copy of the aviation documents (CAR, CASR, AIP, CAO) so that you can get acquainted with them. Make sure the documents are current.
  • The aviation law and aviation documents keep changing, amazingly fast. Every 3 months there is an update of the AIP book which can change the rules, scramble the section references, remove information that was there before, etc. Don't bother with aviation law books that are more than a few months old.
  • The Tait study guide is kept up-to-date, thanks to a lot of hard work (and hats off to Bob and his team for that). I recommend using the online version of the study guide to be sure that you've got the most up-to-date information.
  • Make sure you go into the exam with the current versions of all the documents including the charts (plan ahead!). Make sure you are familiar with the current versions of the docs. Avoid choosing an exam date that is just after the AIP has been updated (Beware the Ides of March!)
  • There will be a big change on 2nd December 2021 when most of the CAR's about flight rules and general operations will be repealed and replaced by regulations in CASR Part 91. It would be wise to either sit the exam before 2nd December 2021, or wait for a month or two, to let the dust settle.
  • Fatigue rules: follow the good advice in Bob's book about how to handle these complicated rules.
  • There are some other CASA documents around (eg CAAP 48-01, Plain English guide to CAO 48.1, guidance materials) but frankly I did not find these helped me understand anything more than is in the Tait study guide.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• SJM

SJM replied the topic: CPL Air Law passed

Baddles, a fantastic result.

Congratulations. I like your explanation of the topic. For me the study guide was like a friend showing me around that kitchen, then I learned what was there...because everything was laid out in front of me.

• Stuart Tait

Stuart Tait replied the topic: CPL Air Law passed

Congratulations baddles

Great result you have to chuffed with that. Don't mention December our heads are spinning about the up coming changes

Cheers

• Thank you received: 0

Joogzee replied the topic: CPL Air Law passed

Congrats to Baddles on smashing the exam. That's awesome to hear. Interesting to note that December is going to really shake things up with the Law subject.

Not meaning to hijack the thread here, but I'm currently on PG39 of the Advanced Flighty Theory's Distance Learning Package which utilises Bob's excellent Study Guide. Would it be worth putting Law off until the new year and focus on one of my other remaining subjects instead? Learn the new stuff properly?

Cheers,

Ben

• Stuart Tait

Stuart Tait replied the topic: CPL Air Law passed

G'day Ben

As we are still really just finding out what all the changes are going to entail in regards to the exams IE: CASA doesn't have a clear idea, I would, if you have the ability to take the Air Law asap. As it could be convoluted in the transfer to the new material, I know that CASA doesn't plan to start examining the new material straight away. Sorry for being vague but we honestly don't have firm answers right, now not even sure the permitted materials that will be allowed in the exam room.

That's the best I can suggest at the moment

Cheers

• Thank you received: 0

Joogzee replied the topic: CPL Air Law passed

Hi Stuart,

Thanks for your quick response. I had put away the Law books and started Aero, but you have twisted my arm. Back to it.

Cheers,

Ben

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: CPL Air Law passed

What a fantastic result! Congratulations Joogzee. You join the elite few who have achieved that elusive result. Well done.

Bob

• Thank you received: 15

Bosi72 replied the topic: CPL Air Law passed

Thanks Stuart
I suggest maybe creating a separate topic/page addressing new changes.

They mentioned simplifying regulations, but somehow I don't think there will be simplification in questions..

www.casa.gov.au/flight-operations-regula...tal&utm_medium=Email

Time to create page: 0.091 seconds