Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Air Law question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Question 12 & 17 on page 146 - Airlaw

• Thank you received: 0

jcoate created the topic: Question 12 & 17 on page 146 - Airlaw

Hey,

I was just wondering if someone could help explain the following questions for me on page 146 of the latest AIR LAW book

Question 12
- The TAF service provided for a domestic aerodrome with a control tower and more than 80,000 movements per year is
A) issued 6 hourly and valid for 12,18 or 24 hours
B issued 12 hourly and valid for 6 hours
C) issued 6 hourly and valid for 12 or 18 hours
D) issued as required and valid for 12 hours

The book and the updated corrected answer sheet that got sent with the book says that (A) is the correct answer but I was thinking it should be (C) as AIP GEN 3.5 3.4 states that it is issued 6 hourly and valid for 12 or 18 hours. Would someone please be able to explain where I've gone wrong ?

Also Question 17

- A SIGMET contains advice of severe meteorological conditions
A) within a specified area
B within 5 nm of a particular aerdrome
C) along a particular route
D) below 10,000ft

The book and the updated corrected answer sheet that got sent with the book says that (D) is the correct answer but I was thinking it should be (A) as AIP GEN 3.5-14 5.1 mentions that it is for an area where meteorological watch is maintained. Would someone please be able to explain where I've gone wrong ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Stuart Tait

Stuart Tait replied the topic: Question 12 & 17 on page 146 - Airlaw

G'day jcoate

For question 12 you would be correct in that form, but the question has changed to greater than 75000 movements so (c) is the correct answer.

As for question 17 I agree that the answer should be (a) and I'll amend the question to reflect that.

Cheers

• Thank you received: 0

jcoate replied the topic: Question 12 & 17 on page 146 - Airlaw

Thank You for the clarification

Time to create page: 0.115 seconds