Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Air Law question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Reference Documents allowed in exams

• vuk
  • Topic Author

vuk created the topic: Reference Documents allowed in exams

Hey there guys,
Today I came across a question in the latest CLWA e-text that asked a question about training persons for shipping of dangerous goods (CASR PART 92.120)
My understanding is the CASA CPL law exam only allows PART 61 of the CASR’s besides the CAR CAO etc. or am I mistaken? Is it also referenced anywhere else in the CAR’s CAO’s CASR 61 AIP or ERSA?
I’ve noticed a few other random references in the e-text that made me scratch my head, Such as: something like “the height above ground of an airport weather temperature sensor”. The reference was supposed to be page 92 or something of the e-text, but it was nowhere to be found.
That was in the version of the e-text prior to the November 5 update so I cannot give you the exact wording or page number. I’m concerned about these little anomalies. Why are they included in the text? Will stuff like this turn up in the actual exam with no reference to be able to access, or a reference that’s not allowed in the exam?
That said, I like how the November 6 version of the e-text summaries logically explain things, and the “fill in the blanks” style of testing in the e-book. Is this format something that’s also going to be in the actual CASA exams or are they going to be purely in the traditional “multiple guess” type format?
Sorry for all the questions.
Cheers
Andy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Stuart Tait

Stuart Tait replied the topic: Reference Documents allowed in exams

G'day Andy

Firstly don't fret to much about the questions it is your ability to navigate the documents that is the real key to the exam

That being said I will review the questions in regard to Part 61, I will try to chase up the "height above ground of an airport weather temperature sensor" reference and I'll let you.

"The reference for surface air temperature measurement is in the Manual of Aviation Meteorology. Page 9 para 3.2. It would not be asked in the exam, but it was included for general information"

We have found over the years that the questions in the Air Law book closely resemble the CASA exams, as you can only ask Law questions a few ways. The fill-in format is only for our book.

Cheers

• vuk
  • Topic Author

vuk replied the topic: Reference Documents allowed in exams

Thank you Stuart,
I’m really sorry for the questions but I did my PPL around 12 years ago and my IREX probably ten years ago so the exam thing is a bit of a distant memory for me now. I decided to begin the journey for my CPL for something to keep my mind ticking over during Victoria’s lockdown. I figured it would somehow allow me to fly in my head without being able to actually fly during our restrictions. The fact was with our 5KM restricted radius I couldn’t even legally drive to the airport. Now that I’ve begun the study, I figure if anything it will make me at least a more enlightened / better pilot. I’m loving learning through your logical methodology. All aspects of aviation interest me and because I don’t have the pressure of needing my CPL I’m finding the journey kind of self indulgent. ( I’m just starting and I may not think the same in six months time). But I reckon I’ll pull through. I’m hoping I’ll be able to get it all done through self study with your texts, I hope you agree that that’s possible with all the CPL modules.
Anyhow, thank you again, you’ll be seeing a bit of me in your forums over the next 18 months.
Cheers
Andy

Time to create page: 0.071 seconds