Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Air Law question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

HF Frequencies

• MEADE1990
  • Topic Author

MEADE1990 created the topic: HF Frequencies

Hi folks,

On the PCA there are three frequencies listed for each of the 3 RDARA zones.

If you punch in their location code into location breifing to get the most up to date frequency you are given the following (see attachment)

If you're asked in the exam, which frequecy to use at a specific location, which do you use? I've been trying to hunt this answer down for hours.

Any help appriciated,

Meade
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: HF Frequencies

While HF transmissions have the advantage of long range communication beyond 'line of sight' they are also affected by sun spot and ionospheric disturbances. This can result in particular HF frequencies being more or less effective as ionospheric conditions fluctuate. Because of the random nature of these disturbances, pilots are advised which frequencies are working best at a given time and in a given area. The 'primary HF frequency' can be obtained from briefing or passed to the pilot while he/she is still in VHF range. I don't think you will find a specific reference to this in the commonly available documents. Maybe someone can suggest one.

• MEADE1990
  • Topic Author

MEADE1990 replied the topic: HF Frequencies

Ah G'day Bob,

Thank you for that, I can understand the need for that to be checked now.

For exam purposes, if asked for a HF Frequency in a particular area, which would you choose? Or are all three accepted potentially?

Thank you for the Tips!

Meade

Time to create page: 0.182 seconds