Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Air Law question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Daily vs pre flight

• MissSoph
  • Topic Author

MissSoph created the topic: Daily vs pre flight

Could someone please direct me to how on earth to get from CAR reg 42zc... the information on who is able to do the daily inspection of an aircraft....
I can find where it talks about who can carry out the maintenance... but I’m yet to extract where on earth it talks about a daily inspection of the ac...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• SJM

SJM replied the topic: Daily vs pre flight

Hi Missoph,
You've probably completed your exam by now - how did you go?

To answer this question, consider CAR 42ZC, specifically (4)d
So if you hold a pilots licence valid for an aircraft, you can do the maintainence specified in Part 1 of Schedule 8.

Part 1 of Schedule 8 has a title
and item 22 in Part 1 - Schedule 8 has the important bit

• MissSoph
  • Topic Author

MissSoph replied the topic: Daily vs pre flight

Thanks so much... yes exam ticked off.. and in the haze of this COVID... was so happy to get it done... i got the question again... and must have logically guessed it correct.. as it wasn’t on KDR... but the only way I could rationalise is that...
I’m heading out for the day in my 172... and I find that ..I need to replace a bulb... then as I’m PIC... and endorsed on that type... and allowed to ...under the CAR... it’s up to me...
Not sure if I have it correct... anyone let me know.. but I sort of had it in my head as a bit of a pecking order... if I’m at a strip.. just me and I see the bulb needs replacing... I can do it... if I’m at my home base...where the maintenance hangar is.. the LAME is better qualified than me... so he can do it? Let me know if I have it completely wrong

• SJM

SJM replied the topic: Daily vs pre flight

In a a nutshell, if the regulations allow you to conduct the maintenance as a pilot, and you have the knowledge and manufacturer data/instructions then there's no pecking order. If you're on the strip or remote you can change a spark plug.

Now, if you're hiring a plane, there could be conditions of hire that say you can't do any of that and a nominated LAME must do it - that's a condition of hire and not regulation based.

Time to create page: 0.076 seconds