Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Air Law question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

CAO48.1 - Updates to Text Book Sample Questions

• Rolf
  • Topic Author

Rolf created the topic: CAO48.1 - Updates to Text Book Sample Questions

Hi Bob, Stuart, all,
I've been using your books since I did the PPL some years ago and am now getting toward the end of my CPL exams with only Air Law and Human Factors to go. Congratulations on such well directed texts. I’m an electrical engineer and I enjoy the more technical books, but it’s your collective knowledge and practical experience that gets us all through these exams.

I’m home schooling so I purchased the complete CPL set of books almost two years ago. With the number of changes in regs recently I’ve noticed that certain sections of my books have gone out of date (the fuel reserve changes made the Performance exam interesting). I haven’t been active on the forums since my PPL but, with my Air Law exam scheduled for 24th April and the recent changes to CAO48.1 (Instrument 2019), I have a question and a favour to ask.

I fly with the Scouts at Camden and we have a number of students progressing through their CPL exams. It seems they all bought their Bob Tait CPL text books in the last year or so and their texts all reference the outdated CAO48.1. This means that I can’t cross check my copy with theirs. I have downloaded your new Fatigue Management 2019 section and have gone through the research questions, which were a great help, thanks.

My question is as follows:
Q? In your new FRMS section you specifically target only Appendices 1, 4 & 5. Does this mean that hopefully (nothing is certain, I know) the CPL exam will also target only these appendices?

My favour is as follows:
Prior to (I assume) the current version of the Bob Tait CPL Air Law text, the Sample Questions and Final Practice Exam Questions referenced the old CAO48.1 rules. Specifically,
Sample Questions Set 1 – Q8, 13, 19, 21, 29, 31, 32
Sample Questions Set 2 – Q21
Sample Questions Set 3 – all ok
Sample Questions Set 4 – Q9, 11, 19
Sample Questions Set 5 – all ok
Air Law Final Practice Exam 1 – all ok
Air Law Final Practice Exam 2 – Q28

The latest CPL Air Law Errata on the Bob Tait Web site does not show updates for these questions. If the questions have been updated in the latest issue of the text, could I ask that they also be added to the Errata? (asap, so that I can study them before my exam on 24th April).

My thanks in anticipation and keep up the great work. I know it must be hard when there are so many extensive changes to the legislation but we all depend on you. Cheers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Stuart Tait

Stuart Tait replied the topic: CAO48.1 - Updates to Text Book Sample Questions

G'day Rolf

email me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. I'll sort something out for you

Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.254 seconds