SlimHeader

facebook_page_plugin
PPL Video Lectures (10 Jul 2020)

PPL Video Lectures covering Aerodynamics, General Knowledge, Performance, Meteorology And Navigation are now available through our website see front page for details.

× Welcome to the CPL Air Law question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Need some clarification on a exam question

• Thank you received: 0

Wostrick created the topic: Need some clarification on a exam question

Questions is :
Your company operates under CAO 48.1 Appendix 5 2019

In the fortnight prior to the end of a proposed FDP your off-duty periods must include an off-duty period of at least-

Answers;
a. 36 hours including two consecutive days off plus the intervening night
b. 24 hours including the hours from 0600 to 1800 LMT
c. 12 hours including the hours from 0900 to 1700 LMT
d. 36 hours including two consecutive nights off plus the intervening day.... Incorrect

Your answer is incorrect.
Appendix 5 para 5.2 (a)

You must have 36 hours off including two local nights. That makes the answer 36 hours including two consecutive days off plus the intervening night

The correct answer is: 36 hours including two consecutive days off plus the intervening night...

To be honest i'm just not sure how that answer was made for the CAO extract..

Thanks in advance, Will

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 65

Stuart Tait replied the topic: Need some clarification on a exam question

G'day Will

Could please tell is the question in the book if so page number or an online Exam prep

Cheers

Wostrick replied the topic: Need some clarification on a exam question

Hi Stuart

It was the online Prac exam #1 . Question 39.. Many thanks

BrisbaneRob replied the topic: Need some clarification on a exam question

Probably should also note this question comes up in the textbook: Appendix 5 Research Questions pg.134, Question 12. The answer listed for this question was two consecutive nights and the following day.

I should probably also point out that this isn't the only question that the online exam has that differs to the textbook. In my online exam I had this question come up: "Your company operates under the requirements of CAO 48.1 Appendix 4 2019
As a flying instructor you are assigned to commence a FDP at midday LMT. Any flying training conducted during this FDP must be completed by:"
Answer given was "Appendix 4 para 2.2
Any flying training must be completed in the first 7 hours of a FDP. If you commenced the FDP at midday, you would have to complete it by 1200 + 7 = 1900.
The correct answer is: 1900 LMT"

Comparatively to the textbook question (exactly the same) which states the answer is: "If your flight time exceeds 7 hours in a FDP and you provide flight instruction, then that flight instruction must be provided during the first 7 hours of your flight time, and not the first 7 hours of your FDP. So if you start an FDP at midday LMT, you can be assigned and work the entire FDP of 10 hours." Appendix 5 Research Questions pg. 123 Question 2.

• Thank you received: 65

Stuart Tait replied the topic: Need some clarification on a exam question

To correctly answer this question, you must know the difference between flight time and flight duty period (see definitions). If your flight time exceeds 7 hours in a FDP and you provide flight instruction, then that flight instruction must be provided during the first 7 hours of your flight time, and not the first 7 hours of your FDP. So if you start an FDP at midday LMT, you can be assigned and work the entire FDP of 10 hours.

I'll check the online exams I must have missed that one

Cheers

Time to create page: 0.213 seconds