Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Air Law question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Canceling Sartime

• andrewcclarke
  • Topic Author

andrewcclarke created the topic: Canceling Sartime

Hi All,
I am bit confused as to when and what you use to cancel sartime.
I know you can cancel sarwatch via flight watch freq but what about sartime?
example question:
You have landed at Goondiwindi Qld and you wish to cancel your SARTIME. You would call -
Select one:
Sydney on 126.7
Flightwatch on 6610
Brisbane on 126.7
Brisbane Centre on 123.95

I would have thought Brisbane centre but you can't contact them on the ground at Goondiwindi. in what cases is what used to cancel sartime? and is there legislation i can look up to tell me these things?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Canceling Sartime

There is a difference between SARWATCH and SARTIME.
SARWATCH is based on either full radio reporting procedures (for IFR) or SARTIME (for VFR).

You could cancel SARTIME by phone with CENSAR (see ERSA). However, in this case you are not given that as a choice. Since you have no VHF coverage on the ground at Goondiwindi (except for the CTAF, and that's no use), the only option out of those given in the question would be HF. The HF network frequencies are found in the PCA chart. 6610khz is the one.

Flightwatch provides an information service on HF (Flightwatch is not an air traffic controller).

• andrewcclarke
  • Topic Author

andrewcclarke replied the topic: Canceling Sartime

great thanks Bob

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds