Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Air Law question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

CAR Extract

• mrussell42
  • Topic Author

mrussell42 created the topic: CAR Extract

I've been doing the Bob Tait Exam Preps for Air Law and using your CAR/CAO Extracts. In Exam 3 there was a question from CAR 2 (page 42, attached screen shot of my answer). The extract doesn't include that CAR reference (or maybe I just can't find it), it begins at CAR 42 on page 55. Is your extract a comprehensive list of references that are likely to be questioned in the exam ?

Thanks,
Martin Russell

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: CAR Extract

You will find that reference (CAR Regualtion 2 para 7d) at the bottom of the very first page of the CPL LAW extract. I did ask CASA if I could include an index in the extract, but they said no. Apparently that makes it too easy to find stuff.

File Attachment:

File Name: CARVOLUME131.pdf
File Size:338 KB
Attachments:

• mrussell42
  • Topic Author

mrussell42 replied the topic: CAR Extract

Thanks Bob. Yes, I can see it now. No, we don’t want to be able to find stuff too easily :-) As it turned out, I passed Air Law today using the extract and studying with your exam preps. So thanks !

Martin.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: CAR Extract

WOW! That's great news Martin. Congratulations. Another one behind you.

Bob

• abargri

abargri replied the topic: CAR Extract

Hi all,

For those fellow aviators relying on the Extract, please make sure you update the CAO 48.1 from Instrument 2013 to the most current. I sat the CPL Air Law exam today and had 4 questions in relation to this, which I got all wrong because I had the Extract mentioned above, and had not updated it with the most recent instrument which can be found here:
www.legislation.gov.au/Details/F2019L01070

Needless to say, I was pretty peeved off at myself, but luckily I still scraped through with a pass at 80%.

• Stuart Tait

Stuart Tait replied the topic: CAR Extract

Thanks for that I got sidetracked and didn't update the extract it is all up to date now

Cheers

• Stuart Tait

Stuart Tait replied the topic: CAR Extract

Could you point out the questions you got wrong as I'm struggling to find any differences in the instrument

• abargri

abargri replied the topic: CAR Extract

Hi Stuart,

My errors were related to:
Flight and Duty Times (if I recall) related to Appendix 5.

• adambernhardt

adambernhardt replied the topic: CAR Extract

Hi Bob. Are they still asking FDT questions from any of the old 48.1 or only from the 2019 edition?

• Firefly

Firefly replied the topic: CAR Extract

12 months since I sat this but it wasn't a big deal as each FDT question stipulated the exact resource they wanted you to refer to.

Time to create page: 0.155 seconds