Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Air Law question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Flight time limitations (Old 48.1)

• Thank you received: 3

HPOUND created the topic: Flight time limitations (Old 48.1)

I am reading paras 1.14 through 1.16 of the Old 48.1, as follows:
In 1.14, the condition "as a flight crew member" is added. What is the significance of this? What is this condition included for 1.14 but not 1.15 and 1.16?

Does it mean, for example, a pilot who flies as a passenger MEL/SIN/LHR rtn for a vacation would need to count this time under 1.15 and 1.16, but not 1.14? Perhaps deadhead transportation would be picked up by 1.15 and 1.16, but not 1.14?

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Flight time limitations (Old 48.1)

I think you can safely assume that the phrase "a pilot shall not fly" means that he/she is acting as a flight crew member. I can't imagine that any pilot would be likely to fly 100 hours in 30 days as dead-head transportation! That would be a very strange company to work for..

• Thank you received: 3

HPOUND replied the topic: Flight time limitations (Old 48.1)

I would agree with that interpretation.

Mind you, the 100 hours in 30 days need not be 100 hours of deadhead. It could be, for example, a limitation that kicks in with 95 hours as a flight crew member and 5 as deadhead!

Why do you think the wording is different? Legislation is normally drafted and checked very carefully, so it's hard to believe this is an inadvertent variation in wording.

Time to create page: 0.068 seconds