Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Air Law question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Air Law Practice Exam 1 - Q42 Answer

• lucasgozzard
  • Topic Author

lucasgozzard created the topic: Air Law Practice Exam 1 - Q42 Answer

Hi,

The answer to Q42 in the Practice Exam 1 in the textbook is listed as C (50nm). The answer actually is 25nm as per the AIP ENR 1.1 11.12.1.

Can you confirm this is incorrect in the book?

Thanks.

Lucas.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Stuart Tait

Stuart Tait replied the topic: Air Law Practice Exam 1 - Q42 Answer

Gidday Lucas

You need to understand what the question is asking you, it says the distance between two land areas, as such they can be 50nm apart as you would never be more than 25nm from one of them.

Cheers
Stuart

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Air Law Practice Exam 1 - Q42 Answer

I think that question actually does say 'the distance between land masses'. So an island would qualify as a land mass. So would a flight across a large lake, bay or gulf. As long as you are never more than 25nm from a land mass, the over water portion of the flight can be up to 50nm.

It's also legal to fly a passenger-carrying charter up to 25nm off shore (say to a reef) and then 25nm back again. That's 50nm over water. My company often did that in North Queensland with the full approval of CASA. All you need is life jackets, flight details submitted, a met report and continuous two-way radio contact with ATS.

• lucasgozzard
  • Topic Author

lucasgozzard replied the topic: Air Law Practice Exam 1 - Q42 Answer

Aaah I see!! Haha tricky one!!

Thanks Stuart and Bob for clearing that up.

Cheers.

Lucas.

Time to create page: 0.084 seconds