Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Air Law question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Air law exam - failed by 1 mark

• adambernhardt
  • Topic Author

adambernhardt created the topic: Air law exam - failed by 1 mark

3rd attempt today which was a "NO". missed out by 1 mark and now locked out for 3 months for a resit.

I had a couple of questions that i couldnt find/recall so seeking some guruness.

After completing the daily inspection and the PIC signs the MR, who verifies the PICs signature?

1. LAME
2. Holder of the CoA
3. An authorised employee
4. PIC

I chose A.

Another one for maintenance by a pilot. Can a pilot adjust the distributor cap?

Finally, Setting 1013 on the ground, the ALT reads

1. Density height
2. Aerodrome elevation
3. Pressure Altitude
4. Pressure density

Close 2.

Others were the usual exercise in trying to understand the questions.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• dav

dav replied the topic: Air law exam - failed by 1 mark

Not sure about the first one. I think it is the holder of the Certificate of Airworthiness ultimate responsibility to ensure the MR filled out and signed correctly. Could be wrong about this.. can't seem to find much info about it.

Distributor cap is not listed in Schedule 8 of CAR 1988, so the pilot would not be permitted to adjust.

Setting 1013 on the ALT subscale on the ground gives you the Pressure Altitude on the mainscale. This is also known as QNE.
This is the baseline setting for pressure altitude measurements.

If the atmospheric pressure at the airfield you were at just happened to be 1013 at the time, the ALT mainscale would also approximately match your aerodrome elevation.

• adambernhardt
  • Topic Author

adambernhardt replied the topic: Air law exam - failed by 1 mark

Thanks for that. I found the one on the daily, my error and the one for 1013. The verification has me beat as does my flight school.
I'm intending to appeal.

• Dan

Dan replied the topic: Air law exam - failed by 1 mark

Hi Adam,

As far as im aware the PIC (holder of a pilots license RPL and above, endorsed on aircraft type...**must not be a student pilot**) is responsible for signing the maintenance release after daily inspection.
A LAME can also sign a maintenance release.
No one needs to verify it....

Check out CAR42ZC

Cheers.

Time to create page: 0.086 seconds