Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Air Law question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Help with two questions.

• Dan
  • Topic Author

Dan created the topic: Help with two questions.

Hi Guys,

I have just stumbled across the following two questions which were unanswered that i would like some guidance with.

- Required aircraft equipment.
Flying a VFR charter where an aircraft is less than 5700 KG. We have 2 VHF and 1 ELT. Would we require a HF radio?
a) No because we have an ELT
b) No because we can use the VHF when we are X nm away
c) cant remember

- MY ANSWER - You DO require a HF radio for continuous communication as it is a charter flight ..... (VHF would do if you can assure continuous communication is possible)

We have a CFR charter overwater, and we have an unservicable ELT. we can fly if
a) we have a permitted portable ELT
b) it is within 90 days
c) cant remember

- MY ANSWER - we have a permitted portable ELT

Unfortunately the questions do not look complete so im only going on what information is available. Does the fact that the Charter flight is less than 5700KG change anything in regards to HF carriage?.

Cheers Dan.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Help with two questions.

See AIP GEN 1.5 para 1.1

Even though a VFR Charter does not have to make any HF radio calls, it must be capable of communicating at all times during the flight. That includes on the ground.

The only exception is for charter flights that have a company representative present at the landing point who can communicate with you on VHF and with ATS by telephone (not a very practical solution for GA).
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds