Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Air Law question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Passed Airlaw ; Tips

• sharizalabubakar
  • Topic Author

sharizalabubakar created the topic: Passed Airlaw ; Tips

Hi just passed my Air Law exam today with 85%:woohoo: , was tight on schedule to study for the paper. only had 5 or 6 days prior before sitting for the paper. Read through this forum to know the possible questions that might come out and also other peoples KDRs. I would like to thank Bob Tait for the online exams which is definately worth the buy, And also most importantly for this forum to be used in preparation for an exam.

An important tip for the exam is to TAG your AIP:angry: . Especially things which is harder to find. Remember CAO 206 for definition of charter or private.

1) Flight and Duty Time limits (Read the question if they ask for 2013 or 2004), Learn the 2013 too.
2) Carriage of ELT (over water, when is it compulsory for single engine to carry one)
3) Carriage of floatation & Survival equipment
4) Weather forecast for flight planning
5)VFR tracking tolerances.

Fire extinguishers when refueling aircraft (2 fire extinguishers and also their distance from the aircraft)
Minimum separation when taking off or landing in CTAF
IRM and RRM (Tag this page in your AIP)
2 child seating in 1 seat max weight 77kg combined with only lap strap.
Infant in flight (cant rmbr if its in the CAR or CAO or AIP)
Type of maintenance a pilot can do (CAR, know where it is roughly and the type of aircraft they ask for)

That's all the pointers I can remember. Hope this helps for your paper.
Good luck and thanks again.:) :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• tmuza

tmuza replied the topic: Passed Airlaw ; Tips

I had the same one about VFR tracking tolerances, and im trying to find it, in the AIP.. but its been removed, the only thing that my instructor said, is keep your distance, but.. their is a tolerance..
May be get Richard or Bob to look, and see what they have to say.. OR is it CASA thinking that we should be able to read their minds and be know it alls??

• tmuza

tmuza replied the topic: Passed Airlaw ; Tips

but i did find this though.. i think it might be out of date though..
"When operating VFR in Class E or G airspace, the following tolerances must be applied to the planned tracks in order to avoid controlled airspace or restricted areas:
1-2000 AGL +/- 1 nm (day) +/-2 nm (night)
2000-5000AGL +/- 2 nm (day) +/- 3nm (night)
5001-10000AGL +/- 4 nm (day) +/-5 nm (night)
Gliders should apply +/- 5 nm
From 10001 to FL200 all VFR aircraft should apply +/- 8 nm"

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Passed Airlaw ; Tips

You will find the reference now in AIP ENR 1.1 para 4.1.12. All references to distances and angles no longer apply, it simply says you must not enter CTA and if there is any doubt, you should ask for a clearance or dog-leg your track to be certain of avoiding CTA unless you have a clearance.

• benbouch@gmail.com

benbouch@gmail.com replied the topic: Passed Airlaw ; Tips

1NM in ctl'd airspace
AIP 1.1 section 4. NAV REQUIREMNTS.

Time to create page: 0.087 seconds