Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Air Law question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Clarification of question, Air law pratice exam.

• lukewendland
  • Topic Author

lukewendland created the topic: Clarification of question, Air law pratice exam.

Hi Bob,

I am currently studying for my CPL air law aw exam using your air law ebook. I have just completed the final practice exam number 1 and I'm a bit confused on one of the questions. questions 42 asks, For a VFR passenger carrying charter flight over water in a single engine aircraft, the distance between land areas suitable for an emergency landing shall not be greater than
a) 30 minutes at normal cruise b) 25nm
c) 50 nm d) no restrictions apply for VFR flights.

According to the AIP ENR 1.1 para 8.12.2 states that it should be b, 25nm but the answer sheet is c, 50nm.
Any help finding the reference for 50nm would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Kind regards,
Luke.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Clarification of question, Air law pratice exam.

The AIP says that you should never be more than 25nm from a land mass suitable for an emergency landing. So if you flew from the mainland to an island 50nm from the coast, at the half way point you would still be only 25nm from a land mass suitable for an emergency landing (assuming that the beach, or some other area meets that requirement).

Tricky eh?

• lukewendland
  • Topic Author

lukewendland replied the topic: Clarification of question, Air law pratice exam.

Ah, thanks very much. Makes sense now. Will have to read the questions more carefully.
I know they like to have tricky questions, but still managed a 90% on the practice exam :).

Thanks.

Time to create page: 0.120 seconds