Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Air Law question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Change to CAR 2 - Private Operations

• Duncan
  • Topic Author

Duncan created the topic: Change to CAR 2 - Private Operations

Hi All,

I was just reading pg90 of Bob's CPL Air Law book and when I went to highlight my copy of CAR 2 para 7 which refers to private operations, I noticed that:

'(viii): conversion training for the purpose of endorsement on an additional type or category of aircraft in a pilot licence '

Has disappeared and has been replaced with:

'(vii): flight training, other than the following:
(A) Part 141 flight training (within the meaning of regulation 141.015 of CASR)
(B Part 142 flight training (within the meaning of regulation 142.015 of CASR)'

When I looked up these CASR references they encompass a lot of integrated and non-integrated training. Does anyone know what type of training (if any) is now classified as a private operation?

Thanks,
Duncan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Duncan
  • Topic Author

Duncan replied the topic: Change to CAR 2 - Private Operations

I just realised that whilst you can no longer get a multi-engine endorsement (which would classify as a private operation) you can still dow the following endorsements:

61.755 Design features that require design feature endorsement
Aeroplanes
(2) The following design features on an aeroplane require a design feature endorsement:
(a) tailwheel undercarriage;
(b) retractable undercarriage;
(c) manual propeller pitch control (piston engine);
(d) gas turbine engine;
(e) multi-engine centre-line thrust;
(f) pressurisation system;
(g) floatplane;
(h) floating hull;
(i) ski landing gear.

I presume these can be trained for as a private operation?

• Duncan
  • Topic Author

Duncan replied the topic: Change to CAR 2 - Private Operations

Having said that, I just looked up the latest version of CAR 206 (commercial purposes) as it no longer refers to flying training as a commercial purpose:

206 Commercial purposes (Act, s 27(9))
(1) For the purposes of subsection 27(9) of the Act, the following commercial purposes are prescribed:
(a) aerial work purposes, being purposes of the following kinds (except when carried out by means of a UAV):
(i) aerial surveying;
(ii) aerial spotting;
(iii) agricultural operations;
(iv) aerial photography;
(v) advertising;
(vi) balloon flying training (within the meaning of subregulation 5.01(1)) for the grant of a balloon flight crew licence or rating;
(vii) ambulance functions;
(viii) carriage, for the purposes of trade, of goods being the property of the pilot, the owner or the hirer of the aircraft (not being a carriage of goods in accordance with fixed schedules to and from fixed terminals);
(ix) any other purpose that is substantially similar to any of those specified in subparagraphs (i) to (vii) (inclusive);
(b) charter purposes, being purposes of the following kinds:
(i) the carriage of passengers or cargo for hire or reward to or from any place, other than carriage in accordance with fixed schedules to and from fixed terminals or carriage for an operation mentioned in subregulation 262AM(7);
(ii) the carriage, in accordance with fixed schedules to and from fixed terminals, of passengers or cargo or passengers and cargo in circumstances in which the accommodation in the aircraft is not available for use by persons generally;
(c) the purpose of transporting persons generally, or transporting cargo for persons generally, for hire or reward in accordance with fixed schedules to and from fixed terminals over specific routes with or without intermediate stopping places between terminals.

So, am I going mad, or is flying training no longer classified as private (endorsements) or commercial (aerial work)? In which case, does flying training have it's own classification other than aerial work?

Please help......I'm going mad!!!!!

Thanks,
Duncan

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds