Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Air Law question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

AirLaw exam - blew it on first go (CPL-H)

• adambernhardt
  • Topic Author

adambernhardt created the topic: AirLaw exam - blew it on first go (CPL-H)

Hi Richard/Bob

Hoping I can get some guidance as I've been through the AIP/CAO and CAR looking to clarify against the KDRs.

Some related to FDP I'll have to work through myself but these below I am sure I got right. I have to wonder what goes on in the background of these tests and whether there's an issue with the system.

1. PRD requirements. This was someone about exemptions. Options were similar to;
a) when originates inside the PRD
b) wasn't applicable
c) wasn't applicable
d) Something about staying within 10nm

I picked A. Both A and D were in the AIP so I went with the one I thought was most correct.

2. Aerodrome Ground Signals. This applied to the X.
I knew it meant unservicable, don't land. There was a bit of confusion amongst the remainder of my group as the answers included Controlled or All aerodromes. There was other references to CTAF so we all picked 'applicable to all aerodromes'. Still can't find any reference in the AIP which says which it applies to.

3. Carriage of passengers in certain seats. This was was a usual CASA (lets just try and mess with their heads question). Was in relation to 4 PAX (2 adults/1 child) occupying 3 seats, one fitted with dual controls. The weight of the children was under the 77 kg with belts fitted so I assumed it was asking about sitting in a seat with dual controls. CAR said no but CAO said yes if they're briefed not to touch, so I went with that option.

4. Fuel systems. This was after a refill, next day before first flight you do a fuel drain into water to check for incorrect fuel. What are you observing for? Options were

- Odour
- Wrong color
- Don’t recall
- Don’t recall.

As the question said ‘observe’ I opted for wrong colour.

5. Occupation of aircraft seats. I believe this was cargo in an emergency exit and I choose cargo could be placed there if the exit placard was covered.

6. Smoking in aircraft. I chose the option for both verbal briefing and that placards are present as per the CAO.

There’s a few others but I Can’t recall the question exactly.

I wanted to call Gavin Seccombe about the exam as I am certain I picked the right answers after checking the CAR/CAO/AIP but cannot find a number....

:silly: :woohoo: :( :angry:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.072 seconds