Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Air Law question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

CAO 48 old/new. Exam Q doesnt specify which to use

• Carly
  • Topic Author

Carly created the topic: CAO 48 old/new. Exam Q doesnt specify which to use

Hi Bob and team,

All of the questions in the CPL book told you to refer to either the new or old CAO 48, and if the new CAO, which appendix to use. I came across a question in the extra online exam questions:

'Yesterday was a rest day. Today (12 November) you finished a tour of duty of 6 hours at 2030 Local Standard Time (LST). Your next tour of duty will begin at 0615 LST and be of 8 hours duration. The earliest date on which you may commence this tour of duty is -'

And I wasn't sure which CAO I should be using, is there any way to decipher which one I should have used, and will the questions in the CASA exam specify old/new, appendix 1, 4 etc?

Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Rotorbez

Rotorbez replied the topic: CAO 48 old/new. Exam Q doesnt specify which to use

Carly,

The CASA Pexo examinations have to state what set of laws / rules are in place. Be wary though as it is highly likely that they will include the correct answer for old and new!

I have just had a student pass their CP(H)L test on Friday, albeit with 80% but a pass none the less and they confirmed that the questions do indeed stipulate what instrument they are asking the question against.

Cheers

RB

• Carly
  • Topic Author

Carly replied the topic: CAO 48 old/new. Exam Q doesnt specify which to use

Thanks so much for your quick reply RB, I appreciate it. I hope I'm as lucky on Wednesday!
Cheers

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: CAO 48 old/new. Exam Q doesnt specify which to use

Hi Carly,

Rotorbez is completely correct. CASA will specify which CAO 48.1 to use and if they specify "Instrument 2013" (the new one) they are also going to tell you which appendix they are referring to. I have corrected the question in the online exams to show it refers to the "old" CAO 48.1. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Good luck on Wednesday!

Cheers,

Rich

• Carly
  • Topic Author

Carly replied the topic: CAO 48 old/new. Exam Q doesnt specify which to use

Thanks Rich!

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds