Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Air Law question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Air Law

• julza2425
  • Topic Author

julza2425 created the topic: Air Law

Hi Bob ,
Im just about to start my last subject ( Air law ) I have a bought brand new copies of the CAR's, CAO's, AIP and ERSA . I opened up the CPL Air Law book and see a lot of references referring to the CASR . I haven't even heard of this publication !! Would you suggest i get a copy of it prior to starting ? Also should i have a copy of the CAAP's and VFRG ?? Secondly could you suggest the best way to tackle Air law , would you suggest that as i read the book and each question/law that i go and look each one up in the correct publication as well as reading your answers ? This could take a very long time !!

Anyway thanks for the help so far and i look forward to having the CPL Subjects behind me !

Julian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Air Law

Gidday Julian
I have prepared a booklet that contains extracts of the sections from the CAR, CASR and CAO that are relevant to the CASA Air Law exam. It is available as a pdf. If you give Lee a call on 07 32040965 she will email it to you free of charge. It has been OK'd by CASA and you can take it into the exam as long as you have it bound and do not hand-write any notes in it.

The Air Law book is split up into three sections. Section 1 is a revision of RPL law and Section 2 is a revision of PPL law. Considering that you should already be familiar with that, it is not too daunting a task to work your way through it. Section 3 is CPL law and it contains the areas that are specific to commercial operations. There is no short cut to studying Air Law I'm afraid. You just need to go through the book carefully and be sure to look up all references as you go to get familiar with the documents. Remember that our forum is available if you find you need help on any particular area.

The permitted materials for CPL air law can be found on the CASA web site at www.casa.gov.au/standard-page/cpl-exams
You will not need VFRG and in any case, it's not permitted in the CPL exam. Good luck - enjoy your study.

Bob

• victorvector

victorvector replied the topic: Air Law

Hi Julian,

I did the same thing went out and bought the lot but didn't end up using them as Bob's PDF booklet is a perfect substitute with all the relavent CAR's CAO's CASR's. I didn't have any questions on part 61 CASR or anything referencing the ERC's VTCs and surprisingly no questions on the definition AWK ops, CHTR ops, PVT ops as there is a strong emphasis on this in the online exam prep.

I sat mine yesterday with this info and managed 90% ... If you know where to look in the CAO's AIP CAR's you will have no problem with the exam.

Just a few pointers :
- Only 2 questions on duty times, 1 on the old CAO48.1 and the instrument 2013 (these were first 2 q's in the exam)
- Know your cruising levels with the appropriate QNH
- Know transponder codes within Class D (3000) and offshore VFR (4000) these are all in AIP.
- ELT's and their carriage on flights over water.
- Smoking in aircraft reference your CAR's
- Maintenance that can be done by the pilot ( be careful with the one that includes jacking the aircraft for a tyre change )
- Procedures at non controlled aerodromes (circuit joining, seperation minima on landing etc)

All in all there was a lot of simple q's on rights of way, how far you can refuel aircraft from buildings/aircraft (reference CAO's) and a few forecast q's where they ask whether you require an ALT or holding fuel.

Good luck !
Cheers, VIC

• mike.bravo

mike.bravo replied the topic: Air Law

Hi Bob,

I've just sat down with your textbook and my shiny new piles of CARs, CAOs, CASRs, AIP and ERSA and saw this post. I would like to purchase a copy of the PDF of the relevant sections to print and get bound to take into the exam as that sounds much neater and nicer than lugging it all in. I couldn't find anything in your online store, is there a way to get a copy?

Cheers

Mike

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: Air Law

Hi Mike,
Drop an email to Lee at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and she will email the PDF to you. You will need to print and bind it before taking it into the exam.
Cheers,
Rich

• Duncan

Duncan replied the topic: Air Law

Hi Bob and Rich,

I hope you don't mind that I've emailed Lee as well for a copy of this pdf?

Are we allowed to add any tabs and highlighting to the printed and bound copy?

Thanks,
Duncan

• alexbrown754

alexbrown754 replied the topic: Air Law

Duncan,

If I remember correctly, I had highlighted sections in my copy but I didn't tab it. Also, oddly, my version had the table of contents and the supervisor didn't seem concerned at all.

Time to create page: 0.093 seconds