Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Air Law question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Rest Period - flight and duty times

• ray2310
  • Topic Author

ray2310 created the topic: Rest Period - flight and duty times

Hi,
I've gotten stuck on a question. My understanding of the rest times may be incorrect.

The question down the bottom of page 3.7
I would have said 10am. This is my understanding
You've worked for 11hrs and 55 mins
the limit is 11 hours so you're 55 minutes over means you need 1 hour for every 15 minutes so you need 4 hours on top on min rest (3.6 to be exact but I'm guessing you round up to 4?)

Min rest is 10 hours ( as you finished outside of 10pm - 6am)
From 7:55 add 14 hours gives 9:55, which is why I chose 10am.

I may be getting the whole concept of this rest period confused - if anyone can shed some light that would be much appreciated
Cheers!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Darcy

Darcy replied the topic: Rest Period - flight and duty times

Hey mate,

My understanding is that if your outside of the 10pm-6am bracket, you are able to rest during this period, therefore you only need to comply with the 9 consecutive hours. If you finished at some time within that bracket, you would need 10 hours. I may be wrong, but this is the way I have been approaching these questions.

From there, add 4 hours due to the requirement of 1 additional hour for every 15 minutes the tour of duty exceeded 11 hours. In CAO 48.1 1.7 which is applicable for this question it says, 'for each 15 minutes or part thereof..' hence the reason for the 4 hours.

From 7:55pm, add 13 hours and so the earliest time you can commence work will be 9:00am.

Hopefully that's the correct way of going about it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.094 seconds