Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Air Law question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Passed Airlaw

• Flightforlife
  • Topic Author

Flightforlife created the topic: Passed Airlaw

I passed my Airlaw exam but found the wording in some of the questions are ridiculous.
Like this one in the new FDT appendix 5
You are a pilot undertaking freight runs carrying cargo only starting in the evening you regularly arrive at work 1 hour before your shift starts, today your FDP started at 1700 what is the latest you can finish your FDP.

Question was something along these lines but the key word hear is regularly, anyway if you look at the table in appx 5 that start time falls between 1500-0459 FDP max is 10hrs so 1700 + 10hrs =0300 finish time, WRONG answer

In the exam I realised that if I was at work 1hr before conducting other duties I would need to subtract 1 hour from my FDP making the answer 0200 but the question only say you regularly arrive one hour before it does not say I did for this shift, that's like me saying I regularly ride my motorbike to work and asking you guys now did I ride it today, have a go did I or did I not

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: Passed Airlaw

Hi FlightForLife,
Yes, with Appendix 5 you need to consider the fact that work done in the 8 hours prior to you starting your FDP has to be subtracted from the maximum FDP you may complete. Agreed, the word "regularly" doesn't seem precise enough but in the exam you would have to assume the normal state of affairs is to arrive 1 hr before the FDP starts and then subtract that from the 10 hours FDP you could theoretically do with a 1700 FDP start..
Fun eh?!
Cheers,
Rich

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.125 seconds