Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Air Law question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Practice exam 2 Q28 Flight time/TOD

• jetstream123
  • Topic Author

jetstream123 created the topic: Practice exam 2 Q28 Flight time/TOD

Hello, I am bit confused and not sure how to tackle the following question. appreciated if anyone can give me some hint please.

Your company operates under CAO 48 Instrument 2001. Yesterday was an off duty day after five consecutive days on duty. Today (12 November) you finished a flight duty period of 6 hours at 1800 Local Standard Time. Your next tour of duty will begin at 0700 LST and be of 8 hours duration. What is the earliest date on which you may commence this tour of duty?

Answer Is D: 14 November, but why is not A, 13 November ?
The old CA0 28 requires at least 9 hours including 10pm -6am, and is using the new rule off duty period limit 4.1 at least 12 consecutive hours during any consecutive 24 hour period. So from 1800 on 12 Nov to 13 November 0700 is 12 hours , that should be ok too ?
By the way, Flight duty period is using in NEW CAO 48.1 to replace the Tour of duty. In this case which rules should I use if a question like this ?

Thanks v much
joe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: Practice exam 2 Q28 Flight time/TOD

Hi Joe,
That question unfortunately has an incorrect reference. It should tell you to refer to CAO 48.1 Instrument 2013 and also that Appendix 1 applies to the company. That means the pilot needs to have 2 days off per 7 days. Since he or she has only had 1 day off, there must be another one before duty can be recommenced. The pilot can go back to work on the 14th.
In the exam, they will state which CAO 48.1 to use, the old or the new one (Instrument 2013) and will also state which Appendix to use to answer the question if it is from the new version.
Thanks for pointing out that problem. Looks like another errata :)
Cheers,
Rich

• Tanser88

Tanser88 replied the topic: Practice exam 2 Q28 Flight time/TOD

Richard,

For some reason that exact question in my text book says the answer is actually A) 13th Novermeber.

In Appendix 1 it clearly states that a pilot must have a minimum 2 days off during any consecutive 7 day period.

Which means he shouldn't have worked after having only 1 day off in the first place according to Appendix 1. So the only way that answer in my book works is if he didn't work on the 12th and took 2 days off (11th and 12th) then he could work the 13th.

Seems to me that the book has some discrepancies.

Time to create page: 0.081 seconds