Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Air Law question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Question and want some help

• davidyeung1991
  • Topic Author

davidyeung1991 created the topic: Question and want some help

(the weather report requirement for flight, can find in AIP?)
Q1.Your departure point have a cold front moving in,,but the current report is showing within VMC condition , next weather report will be issue next 20min,what is ur deciesion?
- proceed take off
- wait for 20 min for the report
-?????

Q2. The ARFOR indicate broken cloud base 4000ft AMSL planned OCTA, the route has terrain 2500ft,
ur plan track 085M,what is the minimum height can u plan.
-A030
-A035
-can not plan

Q3. within military zone , After takeoff how many NM from areodome u can track ?
-3NM
-5NM
-????

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Cameron6041

Cameron6041 replied the topic: Question and want some help

Hi David,

First time for me on here. I am also interested in two of your questions. I am aware of the answers however the vague question and answer structure caught me out.

1- conditions are currently VMC at destination however there is a cold front moving in. You are sure you can retain a forecast within 20mins of departure, can you proceed?
- yes because you are confident you'll get the forecast in 20 mins
- cannot fly without it
- can fly if forecast is received within 20mins or less

Ref - AIP ENR1.10 1.2.2 flight can continue if a suitable forecast is obtained within 30mins of dep

2- This one is very much open to interpretation. VFR - OVC at 5000f flying over terrain of 2500ft, heading is 270. What is the HIGHEST you can fly when conforming to the "table of cruising levels"?
A- 3000
B- 3500
C- 4000
D- can not fly
Now the issue here is do we strictly use the table only OR do we take into account Note 1 below the table advising VFR flight maybe at random levels below 5000f. This will change the answer.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance. Cameron - Mackay CQ (distance student).

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: Question and want some help

Hi David, Hi Cameron,

These questions aren't possible to answer with any accuracy because we don't know the actual wording of the question.

For example, were they talking about reports (METAR, SPECI) or a TAF TTF METAR? You need a forecast which covers your destination for half hour before and an hour after your intended arrival. As for your departure point, if you plan to return (or use it as an alternate) the forecast information you have will need to cover that time period for your orgiin as well.
If the REPORT said it was VMC and you had valid forecasts and they were also OK, then by all means go, no need to wait for the new REPORT. If you can maintain VMC then why not? Read AIP ENR 1.10 1.1 and 1.2

Q2: 085M TRK means odd VFR cruise alt + 500. However below 5000ft you can fly whatever altitudes you wish but should try and adhere to the hemispherical rules. To maintain terrain clearance you should plan 1000 ft above the terrain (since I guess you can't assume there are not any built up areas which would allow you to go down to 500 ft AGL - but would you like to plan that????) 1000ft AGL is 3500ft AMSL. This only leaves you 500ft below the cloud base but the VMC rules state if you are at 1000ft above the terrain in Class G (as long as you listen out on the appropriate frequency), you can fly clear of cloud. In that high terrain area A035 would be acceptable. AIP ENR 1.7 3.1.4 and ENR 1.7 1.2 2.5.

Q3: 10 nm AIP 1.12 1.1.4

Cheers,

Rich

Time to create page: 0.086 seconds