Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Air Law question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

question special VFR

• davidchungwai@hotmail.com
  • Topic Author

davidchungwai@hotmail.com created the topic: question special VFR

Just have a question not very sure. Can request special VFR in class C ? or class D only ?
if i am flying and want to land in class C airport, the cloud base is low 1000ft AGL, Can i request special VFR ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: question special VFR

AIP ENR 1.2 para 1.2.3 and 2.2 indicate that special VFR flight is available in Class C airspace. You must be able to remain clear of cloud and also be able to comply with the low flying regulations. However, special VFR flight is not permitted in Class E airspace.

• Mister W

Mister W replied the topic: question special VFR

Hi there,
You can request Special VFR in Class C airspace. In fact, that is probably the only way you will get an airways clearance if the cloud is too low for you to maintain the appropriate separation for that class of airspace.

Always wondered if I did an NDB approach into YMMB. Can I downgrade to Special VFR if I find the vis less than 2.4km but greater than 1.6km?

Always a good debate starter.

Cheers,

Mister W.

Time to create page: 0.126 seconds