Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Air Law question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Airlaw failed 3 times

• Paul
  • Topic Author

Paul created the topic: Airlaw failed 3 times

I failed airflow 3 times 72 72 78.And i can't do it again in 3 month.It is a long time and i don't know if i can pass the last times.I am so nervous.
I finished the bob online exam with 88 90 80 and 100 but i still failed the last time.Even though many questions i know where to find the answer,i still fail.
Please could anyone gives me some advise that can help me overcome this hard time? I don't want to be terminated.I have already passed 6 CPL subjects.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• BushPahlot

BushPahlot replied the topic: Airlaw failed 3 times

Paul, you need to change the way you prepare for exams and probably flying in general. You need to ensure that you will get 100% in practise exams. Then through natural stress you might get a few wrong. The same goes for flight procedures you learn, you need to know them so well that even though the cockpit might be full of smoke and you're choking you still know the correct phase one procedures.

The exams are essentially a question reading exercise, make sure you really understand the question. You then need to know where to find the answer via your tags or memory. You then need to read the ENTIRE passage including the notes as these often contain the most important parts, I think CASA want to check full comprehension of the topic. So do an old practise exam, re-write the question in your own words, then answer the question, At least if you get it wrong you can take it to an instructor and ask them why you are wrong.

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: Airlaw failed 3 times

Hi Paul,
BushPahlot is spot on. Our practice exams are there to highlight those areas which get examined heavily and (despite what the rumours say) we do not write CASA exam questions so if anyone tries learning our questions off by heart, it won't be much help. It doesn't sound like you are doing that, but unfortunately, the Air Law exam is an English comprehension test more than a test of your understanding of the law.

Experience has shown that someone can know the law perfectly adequately and yet fail the exam because they missed the subtlety of the tense of a verb or the twist of a phrase. It is a common problem and there is unfortunately no solution except that which BushPahlot suggested.

If you know where to find the relevent regulation, have it in front of you, read, re-read and re-read the question and answer options again, eliminate the obviously wrong answers and justify the one you think is correct. Any answer you feel you can answer without checking the regulations is probably a trick question.

Another tip: you have 3 months now and by the sounds of it, you have been hammering the books pretty hard. Take a break, put your regs away for a month and come back at it fresh after that. Over-studying can be as much of a problem as too little study if you are not careful.

Good luck - and don't fret. You are not the first to take multiple attempts at cracking Air Law. Unfortunately, you also won't be the last!

Cheers,

Rich

• BushPahlot

BushPahlot replied the topic: Airlaw failed 3 times

Hope he passed.

Time to create page: 0.101 seconds