Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Air Law question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Two questions

• Gaurav
  • Topic Author

Gaurav created the topic: Two questions

Hi everyone,
I am confused regarding question 7 on page 2.20 of bob tait book. Cai 20.11.7.1 says--an aircraft shall carry survival equipment for sustaining life appropriate to the area being overflown on the following flights..
(B) during operations within or through the report areas...
How come answer d is correct, it should be answer a.
Question 2. In controlled airspace arc told you to descend from 6000 feet to 4500 feet..
Options are1 leaving 6000 maintaining 4500
2. Leaving 6000 reaching 4500
3. Leaving 6000
I looked this question in the forum, it was asked few times even replied by bob, but my opinion is answer is option 3, Aip Enr 1.7-8, 4.1.6 says pilot in command ....must report:
A. When the aircraft has left a level at which flight has been conducted...
It doesn't say anything about new assigned level.
It's just a bit tricky question .
Can please someone help me to understand. Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Two questions

Regarding Question 7. The CAO 20.11.7.1 is referring to survival equipment for sustaining life. That is, first aid, emergency rations and water. The beacon is not regarded as equipment capable of sustaining life. In fact the term 'survival beacon' is not used anymore, it is now called a 'locator beacon'. So it doesn't help you survive - it just helps someone locate you!!! In fact I'll change the wording of that question to 'locator beacon' instead of 'survival beacon'. Thanks for your feed-back.

Regarding Question 2. I can't find the question you are referring to, however it is correct that when you are instructed to climb/descend to a new level in CTA, you must report leaving the level at which you are cruising. Can you let me know the page of the book on which you found that question.

Cheers

Bob

• Gaurav
  • Topic Author

Gaurav replied the topic: Two questions

I Passed the air law exam today with 90%. I did it 20 days ago end up getting 77% that time. I finished all the cpl exams now.
The second question as mentioned above was in the exam again. I checked the question yesterday with aviation theory center yesterday, they suggested me its a (report) (Aip Enr 1.7para 4.1.6)not (read back option)(Aip gen para 4.4). So I have to report the level the plane left.
So the answer was leaving 6000, and it was correct.
I used bob tait books, online exams and aviation theory center books and exams for all of the subjects. These were very helpfull. Again thanks for bob to reply so quickly, there was a question in the exam related to question one as well.

Time to create page: 0.078 seconds