Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Air Law question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Use of CAR's and CAO's

• Marshy22
  • Topic Author

Marshy22 created the topic: Use of CAR's and CAO's

Hi all,

I am mid way through studying for my CPL Air Law exam but am struggling where to find everything is in the texts ie CAR's, CAO's, AIP's and ERSA.
Does anyone have any advice on where to start/ what text to focus more on?
I've heard that the use of CAR's in the exam is near to nothing but 60% of the exam requires use of the CAO's?!
I self studied for my Human Factors exam with Bob's books and online exams and achieved a pass but am really worried that this exam is a lot more complex than first thought :(

Thanks in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• gregk

gregk replied the topic: Use of CAR's and CAO's

Hi Marshy, did my air law today - 90%. Disappointed as I know what I did wrong, which pretty much was not reading question carefully under exam pressure. It was much less of a worry than I thought though. Mine i reckon was a mix of CAR 30%/CAO 30%/AIP 30%/ERSA 10%; but fairly practical stuff related to flying VFR/VMC. But you need to read the questions carefully and know where to look and know some stuff by memory as the 2 hours go quickly if you have to look everything up. By working deliberately through Bob's book you will get the key focus areas, but pretty much the whole book was used, so focus on it's content. Having said that this was my experience and it may be different when you do it, so no guarantees.

My best advice - I don't know how soon you have to do air law, but if you can do something else now and wait to do Bob's next course it really lays out the structure of the CAR/CAO/CAAP bits quickly that I would have taken a lot longer to grasp. I did the course with Richard at Redcliffe 18 -20 June and sat the exam today. Would have done last week if I didn't have to work. Otherwise with a full time job it would have taken me 3 months i reckon.

Best of Luck, Greg

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds