Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Air Law question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Hard question!!!!

• Carburetorice
  • Topic Author

Carburetorice created the topic: Hard question!!!!

Hi all,

This question has me stumped

Question: You are tracking through controlled airspace on the VOR at A055, What amount of deviation from intended track do you have to notify ATC.
A ) 5.0
B ) 5.2
C ) 9
D ) 12
E ) 16

I looked up AIP ENR 1.1-38 (19.6.2) and says where route track guidance is provided by a localiser of VOR - half-scale defection or more of the course deviation indicator (CDI)

Could someone explain this to me? As I understand the VOR has a scale of increments of 2 so wouldn't the answer be 1 degree?

Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Hard question!!!!

The scale on the VOR goes from zero to 10°, either side of centre. When the AIP says half-scale deflection, it means half of the full-scale deflection. The full-scale deflection on a VOR is 10°, so half-scale deflection would be 5°.

Bob

• Carburetorice
  • Topic Author

Carburetorice replied the topic: Hard question!!!!

Thanks Bob your website and course material is invaluable. Thanks for the quick reply :)

Time to create page: 0.085 seconds