Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Air Law question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Air Law Set 2 Textbook questions

• pg1189
  • Topic Author

pg1189 created the topic: Air Law Set 2 Textbook questions

Hi,

I have a couple of queries about questions 21 and 22 on page 3.17 (CPL Set 2 Questions) of the Air Law textbook.

Question 21: The answer as given in the textbook is ( B ), however I am wondering why the answer would not be (C) ( 0700 LMT), as this would be a standard 11 hour tour of duty if commencing at 2000 LMT the previous evening, and a 24 hour period of rest would still be able to be taken after the tour of duty finished encompassing the 10 pm to 6 am period as required.

Question 22: Answer is given as (D), however according to the forecast in the question, the weather will deteriorate to below the alternate requirement at 0400 UTC. If arriving at the aerodrome at 0345 UTC, I would have thought that the answer would be (A), as you should plan as though the weather deterioration has occurred 1/2 hour before the actual forecast time.

Hope someone can clear these up for me.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: Air Law Set 2 Textbook questions

Hi pg1189,

Bit late answering - sorry about that.

Question 21 is answered by taking a look at CAO 48.0 - 3.1.So, with reserve time starting at 0700, the latest the pilot could complete a tour of duty is 0600 the next day ( a total of 23 hours).

Question 22: watch out on this one - it is a TTF so the 30 minute buffers don't apply. The bad weather can be considered not to start until 0400 so you have no OPR for an 0345 arrival.

Cheers,

Rich

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.096 seconds