Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Air Law question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

CLWA Pass

• CANCEL SARTIME
  • Topic Author

CANCEL SARTIME created the topic: CLWA Pass

Hi all,

Pleased to say that I’ve passed air law with 98%, very happy with that result.

I had a few little techniques to help me study;

1. Write down the title of each order and regulation in a notebook and flick through it a few times every day;
2. Treat AIP like a joke book i.e. open it up to any random page and have a brief read. Do this every time you get a five minute break;
3. Use different coloured highlighters to link parts of the orders and regs together. For example, CAR 139 (Documents to be carried in Aust A/C), Subregulation (2) says that you don’t need certain doc’s if the flight is within Australian territory. Highlight subregulation (2) in red then highlight all the documents it mentions in subregulation (1) red. This makes it a bit easier to find those items in the heat of the exam.
4. Get Bob’s online exam preps and do all the practice exams in the book. I scored better in the CASA exam than in the practice exams.

Don’t forget about tagging your docs - ten in AIP and five in ERSA. Also, remember that AIP has an index!

I honestly liked air law, aside from the ambiguity and the double negatives. All very basic stuff and most questions could’ve been answered without any reference at all, thanks to the practice exams. Bob’s book covered everything I saw in the exam and some of the practice questions in the book were similar to the exam questions. As is the case in most of the CASA exams, it is more of an English exam rather than an exam on your knowledge of the subject.

Topics included FTL, maintenance, passenger briefings, cargo on seats, docs to be carried on board, low flying, CAR 162 stuff, separation minima in class G airspace, xpndr codes, special VFR, rated coverages of NDBs, how to place an ELT with respect to the antenna, reports vs broadcasts, IRM and RRM.

One interesting quirk about this exam today was that once I’d finished, the computer told me that I’d scored 97% but the KDR said 98%. The KDR says I only got one question wrong which is equal to 97.5%. What I find interesting is that the KDR and the computer mustn’t be talking to each other if they give two different scores. What if someone was able to score 69.5% on another exam? The computer would probably call it a fail but the KDR would call it a pass.

As was mentioned in another post on this forum, sunnies are not permitted in case they conceal a tiny camera and you can’t use your own pens for the same reason. It will be very interesting to see what the reaction will be when Google Glass hits the market later this year.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: CLWA Pass

Better late than never, but congratulations on a superb Air Law pass mate! Awesome result :) Thanks for the tips - they will undoubtedly be useful to students studying for this one.

Cheers,

Rich

• Kenny Powers

Kenny Powers replied the topic: CLWA Pass

Hi CANCEL SARTIME,

Awesome mark, well done.This occurred in my exam too. I was rounded from a 92.5 to 93% (my computer showed 92, the invigilator's showed 93).

• Nick

Nick replied the topic: CLWA Pass

Can confirm this also happened in the IREX exam (92.5 ^ to 93), I'm happy with the extra % hahah.

Time to create page: 0.118 seconds