Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Air Law question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Reccomended or must???

• BBird
  • Topic Author

BBird created the topic: Reccomended or must???

There is a question in the CPL law book page 2.21 which asks which procedure is recomended when flying in the circuit of a non towered aerodrome.

The CAR 166A 2 f states must maintain track until 500 above terrain. However there is a sub paragraph which states you can alter this if you need to avoid terrain...

Is this statement the bit which makes the rule "recommended" or am I barking up the wrong tree, otherwise it appears that there is nothing recommended about it it simply states the pilot must.

Thanks guys...please be aware I will never study law as a direct result of this subject.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Reccomended or must???

You are correct. The CAR does say 'must'. I don't remember where the 'recommended' came from, but I think it had something to do with the old GAAP. Anyway, I've changed the wording of that question. Thanks for your feed-back.

If the purpose of the regulations is to communicate legal requirements to the average pilot, I'm afraid the current documents are a dismal failure. Even students with a law background find them confusing and user unfriendly. The sad news is that the new regulations are even worse. If you are feeling mentally strong, try reading the new fatigue management rules......on second thought, maybe you shouldn't.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds