Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Air Law question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Question on Flights into remote areas without ELT.

• BBird
  • Topic Author

BBird created the topic: Question on Flights into remote areas without ELT.

Hi guys well Im down to CPL law and what a b...h it is,

So question is when can you fly into a remote area without ELT(Pvt) BT book answer is "flight must not be greater than 50nm", however one of the options is "you must nominate a sar time or flight note and the flight must be less than 50nm" so the idea must be to differentiate between the two. However AIP ENR 1.10-5, 2.11, c states all flights in remote areas must nominate sartime or flight note...I am confucious, and I am having worrying thoughts about the minister of aviation please help.

Ben.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• JackHammer

JackHammer replied the topic: Question on Flights into remote areas without ELT.

Hi Guys,
I would be keen to find the answer to this question as well. The only reference I can find regarding 50nm is on page 12, CAO 20.11.

Thank you.

Regards,

Jack

• JackHammer

JackHammer replied the topic: Question on Flights into remote areas without ELT.

All good. I found the reference to 50nm and ELT's in CAR 252A (2)(a).

So (d) would be correct however the most correct answer I believe should be (b). Flight into remote areas require a SARTIME or to leave a Flight Note and distance no greater than 50nm from the aerodrome reference point without an ELT. CAR 252A (2)(a) AIP ENR 1.10-5 (2.11)(c)

Regards

Jack

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Question on Flights into remote areas without ELT.

The correct answer to that question is . It seems you may have an older version of the Air Law book. The question was changed after an amendment to the CAOs. The current version of the book and any exam prep questions have been amended accordingly. In a remote area you would need to carry survival equipment AND limit the flight to 50nm if you were not carrying a locator beacon. The 50nm requirement applies to all flights anyway - not just in a remote area. The only thing that makes a remote area flight different to any other is the requirement to carry survival equipment at all times.

Bob

• JackHammer

Thank you Bob.

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds