Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Air Law question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Air Law questions

• RobH
  • Topic Author

RobH created the topic: Air Law questions

I recently passed Air Law with 93%, the only difficult part is remembering where to find topics in the reg's, orders etc. there does not seem to be any rhyme or reason to them. My only advise is learn them off by rote. Below are examples of a couple of questions that I thought were not written very well. (wording is as near as I can remember)

Carriage of documents in flight CAR 139
Q1) You are pilot in command of a flight to the Torres Straight Islands. What documents need not be carried in flight?

I cannot remember the exact wording of the multiple choice answers, however two of the choices were clearly wrong, one of the choices listed the documents required to be carried within Australian territories and the other choice listed the documents required to be carried for flights outside Australian territories.

I picked the option for flights within Australian territories because most of the Torres Straight group are within Australian territory, however I believe the question was a little unfair because some of the islands belong to PNG and the question did not stipulate which island. secondly some students may not know where the Torres Straight islands are, it is not supposed to be a geography question. Still not sure if I got this one right.

Carriage of infants and children
Q2) Which of the following statements is correct?

a) Two children with a combined weight of 66kg may occupy one seat if seated side by side.
b) An infant may be carried in the arms or on the lap of an adult passenger.
c) Children are not allowed to be carried on an aircraft.
d) Children must wear a seatbelt at all times during flight.

Not sure on this one, as I read CAO 20.16.3 statements a and b are right but are both incomplete statements, c and d are clearly wrong. I picked a.

Other than that if you study Bob's CPL Air Law there shouldn't be too many surprises.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: Air Law questions

Thanks Rob for your feedback. I agree with your answer to Q2. It is the answer option which is completely correct.

Happy New Year!

Cheers,

Rich

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.082 seconds