Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Air Law question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Downwind Report

• r.murphy
  • Topic Author

r.murphy created the topic: Downwind Report

Hi All,

I have my Air Law Exam on Tuesday.

I would just like to clarify a few questions I have seen throughout Bob's book and also on the Exam Prep. In regards to Downwind Report.

One Question is:
Unless otherwise instructed a downwind report is mandatory prior to landing at an aerodrome which
- Is within CTAF
- Is within a control zone
- Does not provide an ATC service
- Is arriving or flying circuit training within class D control zone

The answer is within Class D however in the AIP 1.1 para 14.4 it does not actually state Class D. Also when I fly out of the Gold Coast it is also a requirement to report downwind. I just want to make sure I am not missing anything in the AIP.

Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Downwind Report

Yes, downwind reports are now required at all CTRs. That question was originally written for the old GAAP aerodromes. I have amended it in the current version of the Air Law book and posted it on the errata page on our web site.

• r.murphy
  • Topic Author

r.murphy replied the topic: Downwind Report

Hi Bob,

Thanks for that.

Cheers

• Kenny Powers

Kenny Powers replied the topic: Downwind Report

Hi guys,

FYI, it looks like this question/answer still needs to be changed in the exam prep as I have just come across the same issue in practice exam #1, question 17.

Bob's post exam debrief states.
I'm glad the forum is available, and that I found this post, as it cleared up some confusion.

Time to create page: 0.084 seconds