Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Air Law question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

what version of CAR's?

• Bungee
  • Topic Author

Bungee created the topic: what version of CAR's?

I am one week away from sitting my Air Law exam and Airservices have just sent me a full copy of the CAR's saying that there was many amendments. I am wondering what I should use for the exam? The ones I have been using for study I have spent time highlighting to make life easier in the exam. I wonder if the exam is updated when the docs are?
cheers
Ben

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: what version of CAR's?

Even though the latest issue of the CAR may contain some amendments, I doubt if there will be any significant changes to the areas that are regularly examined. Stay with the CAR you have and I'm sure you'll be OK.

Good luck

Bob

• Bungee
  • Topic Author

Bungee replied the topic: what version of CAR's?

Thanks Bob... will do!

• Kenny Powers

Kenny Powers replied the topic: What version of CARs?

Hi guys,

I have a few questions to tack onto the thread.

My CAR/CASRs are the January 2012 full release, and my CAOs are the June 2012 release. They haven't been ammended since. Will these be sufficient to use for an upcoming Law exam?

Like Bungee I highlighted all my docs and my highlighting system helped immensly in CLWH. Transferring the highlighting to another set of docs isn't too big a deal, but I can't really afford to purchase another set of CARs/CAOs. I'm wouldn't know how many ammendments have occurred since Jan 2012.

Are the CASRs examined more now than they were 2 years ago? I remember I didn't take them into CLWH as I just memerised the applicable parts of CASR 67 (notification to CASA of incapacitation). Do I need to take them into the exam?

Finally, I have Issue 13 of Bob's Air Law book, have there been any changes to the book since then?

Thanks,

Craig

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: What version of CARs?

Hi Craig,

There was a fairly major update to the textbook in August last year with revision of all the references and their Jeppesen equivalents so we are now on Issue 14. The changes are on the errata page for Air Law which you can check out here: www.bobtait.com.au/updates-and-errata/8-cpl-air-law-errata. You can decide from that if you need to update your copy or not.

As for the CAR/CASRs, there will have been changes but probably none that will affect you (or it is very unlikely). You will probably get away with it but just remember, the CASA questions are based on the current regs so you use out of date documents at your own risk :)

Good luck with the exam (if you haven't sat already)!

Cheers,

Rich

• Kenny Powers

Kenny Powers replied the topic: What version of CARs?

Hi Rich,

I checked out all the errata and updated my notes. I went into the exam with the outdated CARs/CAOs that I mentioned in my previous post, and didn't have any problems.

As I mentioned in CANCEL SARTIME's thread I walked away with 93%. Unfortunately I made a stupid mistake on a question regarding Alternate forecast requirements (didn't read the question properly), and Flight & Duty times got me again.

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: What version of CARs?

Good job Kenny, well done. Glad to see the out-of-date regs didn't cause any problems. We still have to officially say "beware of old books" but it is good to see they were no cause for alarm. And I bet you're glad you didn't fork out a fortune on a new subscription :)

Cheers,

Rich

Time to create page: 0.103 seconds