Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Air Law question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Maintenance, daily and preflight inspections

• Ben.c
  • Topic Author

Ben.c created the topic: Maintenance, daily and preflight inspections

Hi all

I sat the cpl airlaw exam today unfortunately the pc I was doing the exam on crashed when I had done 38/40 questions with over an hour of time up my sleeve. ASL is trying to rebook me for it which is a massive pain.

I have a couple questions about the exam, or parts I had done.

Where can I find what checks my be completed in the daily and preflight? As I got a question on when fuel vents need to be checked for blockages.

Also I have been searching car 42zc and there isn't a list of what maintenance a pilot can carry out? Is there a list or do I have to memorise?

I've also been searching for what buffer is required for beginning of daylight and when a VFR flight can commence.

I'm using bob taits theory book only and found it very useful with all most all information covered being in the exam.

If I could get some help with the above questions that would be great.

Thanks
Ben

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Bungee

Bungee replied the topic: Maintenance, daily and preflight inspections

Hi Ben
Thats a bummer. I have heard of that happening and glad that so far, it hasnt happened to me.
As for BOD, as far as I know there is no buffer, EOD you have to allow a 10 minute Buffer.
I couldn't find the list for the Pilot Maintenance either in the exam (i got this question), but it is easy to remember. Anything to do with jacking the complete aircraft, filing props or changing spark plug leads and distributor is a no go. You can change globes, oil, oil filters, a tyre and spark plugs (the more basic maintenance)
Good Luck
Ben

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Maintenance, daily and preflight inspections

You will find pilot maintenance permitted in Schedule 8 near the end of Volume 4 of the CAR - page 37 in the current version.

Bob

Time to create page: 0.105 seconds