Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Air Law question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Flight And Duty Times

• cessna888
  • Topic Author

cessna888 created the topic: Flight And Duty Times

Hey all,

Have started reading abut flight and duty times and I don't really understand why the answer is what it is on page 3.7. It states that "If, due to unavoidable delays your tour of duty will exceed 11 hours, you may continue on and finish it. However if you choose to continue it you must extend the next rest period by one hour for each 15 minues or part thereof by which you exceeded the 11 hour limit."

The next paragraph is where I can't seem to get my head around it. It states "If your tour of duty was extended to 11 hours and 50 minutes, your next rest would have to be 13 hours including the hours of 10pm to 6am or 14 hours.

Since you have gone over by 50 minutes, wouldn't that mean you would need an additional 3 hours rest? Meaning your next rest would be 12 hours including the hours of 10pm to 6am or 13 hours?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Nick

Nick replied the topic: Flight And Duty Times

Anyone can correct me if I'm wrong because I'm only studying my F&D Times at the moment but I'd say "15minutes or part thereof" is the key to your answer there.

I read it to include the times of the hour as follows [mm:ss]:

00:00 to 14:59 = +1hr
15:00 to 29:59 = +2hr
30:00 to 44:59 = +3hr
45:00 to 59:59 = +4hr

Because it's 11hr 50 min, you are adding 4hrs of extra rest to the requirements (9hrs [inc 2200-0600 local] + 4hrs otherwise 10hrs +4hrs).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.147 seconds