Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Air Law question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

CAR 252A book question

• DanG
  • Topic Author

DanG created the topic: CAR 252A book question

Hello,

Just a question regarding the CPL Airlaw book (issue13), page 3.13 qtn 18

The ELT in your aircraft has been removed for repair. The maintenance organisation carrying out the repair has made an entry in your aircraft log book stating the ELT's make, model and serial number, along with the reason for removal. Select the correct statement regarding flying the aircraft.

correct is given as (b): the aircraft may be flown for the next 90days providing a placard stating 'ET not installed' is placed in the pilot's normal scan

I chose (d): the aircraft may not be flown until the ELT is reinstalled.

its probably just being picky but CAR 252A 39(b)ii specifically states that "the date on which it was removed" is also entered into the log book - doesn't mention that in the question. Can something like the date being entered just be assumed for the purpose of the CASA exam/this question?

Or more likely I'm missing something - what?

Cheers for the help
Dan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: CAR 252A book question

No, you're not being picky. The question should have stated that the log book entry stating the reason for removal and the date had been done. I'll change the wording of that question now. Thanks for your feed back.

Bob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.090 seconds