Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Air Law question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

CTAF & CTAF(R)

• Airmagnet24
  • Topic Author

Airmagnet24 created the topic: CTAF & CTAF(R)

Hi,

I would like to learn the difference between the two. I think CTAF(R) means radio required but it is not clear in the AIP. Does any one have the correct reference?

I thought CASA had done away with CTAF(R) and made it mandatory to have a VHF radio inside a CTAF.

Cheers,

AM24
Airmagnet24

NOW ONLINE

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: CTAF & CTAF(R)

Yes, you are correct. There is no such thing as CTAF[ R] any more. It used to be a CTAF where the carriage of radio is mandatory, but now all CTAFs require radio.

Bob

• Airmagnet24
  • Topic Author

Airmagnet24 replied the topic: CTAF & CTAF(R)

Thanks Bob.

If CTAF(R)'s no longer exist, I wonder why CASA are mentioning them in their Air Law examination.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: CTAF & CTAF(R)

Are they? If that is the case that's disgusting! I'll get onto Canberra right away and check it out. Thanks for the feed-back.

Bob

• Airmagnet24
  • Topic Author

Airmagnet24 replied the topic: CTAF & CTAF(R)

Yes. Unfortunately, I cannot remember the exact wording of the question regarding CTAF(R)'s but I had a question on Friday just gone. I informed a CyberExams Administrator yesterday who told me he would get his investigation on, I also told him of a few discrepancies I had with the wording of some of the Law questions. But that is a separate issue all together!

Many thanks, BT.

AM24

Time to create page: 0.197 seconds