Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Air Law question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Air Law

• Rhazeltine
  • Topic Author

Rhazeltine created the topic: Air Law

gidday guys

i have a question with respect to airspace Class D in particular. question 1 n the sample questions on page 2.28 suggests that a VFR flight does not need an airways clearance...answer given is D. the AIP says all flights in class D need an airways clearance. Also question 9 infers that a take off clearance to operate in class D space infers an airways clearance. Given that clearances for anything must be read back and that the AIP says all aircraft in class d airspace require a clearance, I don't see how these two questions can be right.

can you please point me to the relevant section which removes the airways clearance requirement.

many thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Re: Air Law

An airways clearance is a statement of tracking requirements and height requirements that must be read back by the pilot. Taxi clearances and take-off or landing clearances are not airways clearances. A VFR pilot operating in Class D does not have to use the phrase 'Request airways clearance'. He simply makes contact with the tower and advises his intentions and if the tower acknowledges the call, that is taken as approval to operate in Class D airspace. Also a VFR aircraft is departing from a Class D CTR and not entering the Class C airspace above, need only advise tracking details. In other words, you don't ask him for permission - you tell him what you intend to do. See below.

Attachments:

• Rhazeltine
  • Topic Author

Rhazeltine replied the topic: Re: Air Law

Thanks for the clarification Bob.

Cheers Richard

Time to create page: 0.146 seconds