Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Air Law question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

CPL Flight Test

• brentonrule
  • Topic Author

brentonrule created the topic: CPL Flight Test

Hi All. Didn't know where else to post this general question so I thought this is the most appropriate.

I am trying to arrange my CPL flight test and depending which organisation I talk to they give me a different answer about the pre-requisites.
  • I have all the mandatory hours and PIC times required but some of the companies tell me I need to be pre-tested and be 'approved/recommended/ for the flight test.
  • Some want me to do a full training course and twin engine endorsement (I suspect they are self interested).
  • Some tell me I can't use the Cessna Cutlass RG as it is not fast enough - even at TAS of 130kts
Can someone please help me with the true story.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• captainellzy

captainellzy replied the topic: Re: CPL Flight Test

Hey Brenton,

The first point you make sounds fairly normal, the second one doesn't at all and neither does the third. I know at my school, before each licence a student must do what's called 'pre licence', basically a mock flight test with a G1 instructor. This way they can recommend you are up to flight test standard on behalf of the CFI.

As far as using the Cutlass, it shouldn't be a problem so long as it's CSU/VP and a TAS of at least 120kt, they're the only requirements.

Page 1-7 of the syllabus nuts out all the details between the 150hr or 200hr CPL course.

www.casa.gov.au/wcmswr/_assets/main/fcl/download/vfras01.pdf

Good luck with booking your test in, it shouldn't be this hard!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.112 seconds