Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Air Law question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Bob tait exam

• Megzy505
  • Topic Author

Megzy505 created the topic: Bob tait exam

I have done the Bob Tait exam, and i got stuck on a few of them, so help if you know Thanks.

1) Survival Beacon? I have asked people and not sure where to find, till my instructor told me that its the ELT, is this correct.
if so in the question it says which way to position it, would it be vertical?

2)'The agent who is responsible for deciding a bush fire evacuation flight as a mercy flight is? '
a)the head of local fire dept
b)the owner of the aircraft
c)the pilot in command
d) the local police

Where would you find the answer to a question like this?

Then i got this long and slightly confusing one...
3) a charter operator wishes to fly tourist from Sydney to snowfields. the flights are to leave Bankstown at 5.30pm every friday and return 7:00pm on Sunday. the operator advertises the flight in Sydney newspapers. Select the correct statement.

a)these flight could not be legally conducted under CAR206
b)the flight could be conducted providing commercial pilot license
c) the flight could be conducted providing the passengers sign a disclaimer for liability
d) the flight could be conducted providing the aircraft used is a twin, the pilot is a commercial pilot and the operator has an AOC

so i thought it would be D
Any theories

Thanks Heaps :laugh:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Re: Bob tait exam

Yes a survival beacon is an ELT [same thing]. You will find the instructions for using it in ERSA EMERG 1.10. The antenna should be vertical.

The pilot in command is always responsible for declaring a mercy flight. See AIP ENR 1.1 para 66.1.2

A charter flight can never fly to a time-table. The charter operator must only respond to demand. You will find all the details in CAR 206.

Good luck with your study.

• Megzy505
  • Topic Author

Megzy505 replied the topic: Re: Bob tait exam

Thanks Bob for your help

I PASSED Air Law this Monday scoring a big 90%! :D

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Re: Bob tait exam

MEGZY!! You're a legend...That's great news - you aught to be proud of yourself..

Good luck with the rest.

Bob

• Megzy505
  • Topic Author

Megzy505 replied the topic: Re: Bob tait exam

Sure am... only 2 left! :D

Time to create page: 0.086 seconds