Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Air Law question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

departure report

• rossy
  • Topic Author

rossy created the topic: departure report

Hi guys, can anyone please give me the reference for where it says in the AIP that a VFR aircraft must give a departure report if staying in class D airspace or transiting to class C?

The reference under ENR 1.1 para 8.2.1 says the pilot of an IFR flight.... Doesnt say anything about VFR.

Cant find it anywhere.

Also, the second question in the airlaw practice exam 1 on page 5.1 of the latest edition book says that a vfr flt is taking off from an aerodrome in class D control zone. Which of the following applies?

The answer is given as No departure report is required for a VFR flight.

Doesnt this depend on which airspace the aircraft is departing into because the reference for the answer is ENR para8.2.1 where only an IFR departure report is listed.

Thanks guys, Have my airlaw re sit tomorrow and this is the only thing bugging me.

Rossy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Re: departure report

A VFR flight departing a Class D control zone and entering Class G does not need to give a departure report. However if the VFR flight is to climb into the overlaying Class C airspace, a departure report is required. AIP ENR 1.1 para 20.1.13.2 . The question No 2 in practice exam 1 has been changed to indicate that the departure is into Class G airspace. Thanks for your feed-back

• rossy
  • Topic Author

rossy replied the topic: Re: departure report

Thank you very much bob for your prompt reply. The report is exactly the same as the one for IFR i'd imagine?

yep

• rossy
  • Topic Author

Well, im quite pleased to report that i have now officially finished my seven CPL exams. After failing my first attempt at Air law by one mark last week i re sat it today and managed to achieve the perfect 40 out of 40. 100% !

By the way i only had one or two questions i previously had in my exam last week and those were the smoking question and also the question that simply states you are planning a flt to an aerodrome and the taf contains 'TEMPO SCT CB' which of the following applies.

The correct answer is 60 min holding or an ALT. I know the answer isnt't no alt req as i put that last week and got it wrong?? lol. Anyhow, that's the answer they're looking for.

So thanks to you Bob and Rich and all the others who have posted and helped with questions ive had i managed to make it, finish all of my exams.

Will be in the forums from time to time to have a chat and to help where i can. Anyone that has any questions re any exams and would like to ask me anything then feel free to PM me.

Thanks agin, Rossy

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: Re: departure report

Awesome Rossy!!! Well done mate that is simply brilliant. And what a way to finish: 100%. Time to get the beers in :)

All the best and we look forward to hearing from you as you progress with your career.

Cheers,

Rich

That business about the presence of CB alone imposing an alternate requirement is strange. Every Instrumnet Rating ATO I know agrees that is TS, not CB, that imposes the requirement. I intend to e-mail Canberra next week on this. I want them to indicate the AIP reference that says the the presences of CB alone imposes an alternate requiement.

• rossy
  • Topic Author

i'd be interested in their response bob. I agree with you.

• brentonrule

brentonrule replied the topic: SCT CB TEMPO

Hi Bob, isn't it the TEMPO that requires the 60 min holding or alt? I too was confused by the CB vs TS. Anyway I got 93% in the exam so not to worry.

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: Re: SCT CB TEMPO

Hi Brenton,

The presence of a TEMPO or an INTER do not in themselves automatically require holding or an alternate. The weather condtions described in the TEMPO or INTER must be below your alternate minima. It is possible the weather may actually improve during the periods defined by the TEMPO or INTER. Sometimes they can be the bringers of good news :)

The problem with the original question was that Cb's are not the same as TS. You need Cb's to have TS but you can have Cb's without TS. In the question it would appear that it asked for the OPR is the TAF contained TEMPO SCT CB without any further information. Theoretically, there is no OPR indicated in that case.

On the other hand, the presence of TS in the forecast at a time applicable to you does mean you need holding or an alternate.

Cheers,

Rich

Time to create page: 0.095 seconds