Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Aerodynamics question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Lift Vector

• yourgurltans
  • Topic Author

yourgurltans created the topic: Lift Vector

Hey guys, a confirmation to this question would be highly appreciated :)

What happens to the lift vector when it is increased from 0 to beyond the stalling angle?
a. Increases continuously
b. Increases then decreases
c. Constant
d. Decreases continuously

From what I understand according to the Lift graph, the answer should be b?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: Lift Vector

If you mean "What happens to the coefficient of lift as the angle of attack is increased from 0 to beyond the stalling angle?" then (b) sounds good to me...

• yourgurltans
  • Topic Author

yourgurltans replied the topic: Lift Vector

Hi Richard,
Yes, I understand that :)
But a friend of mine that sat for his exam got this exact same question in CASA in which he chose (d) and got it correct .. Would there be a logical explanation to this in relation to 'Lift Vector'?

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: Lift Vector

>Would there be a logical explanation to this in relation to 'Lift Vector'?
No, not that I can see and the wording of the stem of the question doesn't make logical sense. You don't change the "lift vector" to "beyond the stalling angle"; you change the angle of attack. Since that is not the wording used in the example you gave, I strongly suspect some critical piece of wording in the text is missing...

Cheers,

Rich

Time to create page: 0.108 seconds