Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Aerodynamics question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Passed Aerodynamics Today!

• bjmolony
  • Topic Author

bjmolony created the topic: Passed Aerodynamics Today!

Hi Guys

Just wanted give everyone a heads up on the aerodynamics exam, I did the exam this morning and got 80%. I am happy with that, self taught home study only.

I used the Bob Tait Aerodynamics textbook, read, highlighted, did the practice questions, then typed alot of notes, then did the online bob tait exams.

Also read a lot of things of the forum here that assisted too, so big thank you to Bob and Richard on the texts, they are a big help, as well as the online prac exams. Its my third exam, doing air law next as the 4th.

As long as you understand the content in the text book, and are passing the bob tait prac exams and understanding the questions then you should be fine.. There was about 2-4 questions that were way out of field that I cant even remember, good old CASA..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: Passed Aerodynamics Today!

Great job and congratulations on the pass. Aerodynamics catches out many and 80% from home study is a very respectable result. Well done. Good luck with Air Law and as always, if you have any problems feel free to post them here and let the mad mob of fellow-flyers take a look at them with you :)

Cheers,

Rich

• rl_referre

rl_referre replied the topic: Passed Aerodynamics Today!

Hi everyone, happy studies...
Just a quick de-brief on the Casa ADA exam I sat today. I passed with 83% and was I relieved as this was a subject I thought I really struggled to understand. Of course Bob's books prepare you well and highly recommend them...
Before going into the exam make sure you can't read english because casa can't write it. The questions were poorly worded and there was one question I got where, I had too take a word out of the question just to understand it. Know and understand the following;
*Effects of wake turbulence and thrust stream turbulence (I had a few questions on this, so know it! Draw a diagram so you can understand the question that is being asked)
*Effects of flaps, vortex generators and balance/link balance tabs and how they work
*Make sure you have a thorough understanding of the Power/Thrust/Drag curves etc and to trick you casa will ask some very strange questions regarding these.
*Effects of turning performance and range/endurance
*Variables that affect stall speed
*Region of reverse command

The Bob Tait guide is a great resource although you need to have a really good understanding of this subject before attempting this exam!! Please do the final exam questions in the back o the book and buy the online Bob questions. I was getting consistently high marks with Bob's questions but nothing will prepare you quite for the questions you will get asked... Good luck to all! On to Performance and AGK then done!!

Time to create page: 0.080 seconds