Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× If you are studying for your BAK or PPL exams and need some help, please post your question here. Someone on the forum is bound to help you as soon as they can.

Number of questions for each section in ppl exam

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: Number of questions for each section in ppl exam

Hi Stanley,

Your flying school should still be able to continue your training for you - or are you up to solo standard already? If not, keep at it. With any luck the SPL shouldn't take too long and the turnaround on the ASIC is not too bad nowadays. If you are at a loose end, then start working on the theory component of your training. You will need the BAK theory exam pass before you can sit for your GFPT (speak to your school about the BAK exam they set). Your school may also have pre-solo and pre-area solo theory exams for you to do too.

Best advice? Speak to your instructor and see what she/he recommends. There's plenty enough for you to do while you wait for the paperwork.

Cheers,

Rich

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• stanley1985
  • Topic Author

stanley1985 replied the topic: Number of questions for each section in ppl exam

Hi

According to my schedule, I am 2 lessons away from my first solo. My instructor is concerned that there will be a long period of waiting time between when I am ready for first solo, and when I receive my ASIC and spl. Hence, he suggested to stagger my flight lessons to be in line with the expected date of receipt of my spl and ASIC. Casa received my forms on 14 nov.

I have already passed all my theory papers, including bak and ppl cyber exams. I am only left with the flying lessons and the final flight test.

So I am wondering should I go ahead with my training, and then come back to first solo? This will save me a lot of time. Have your students done the same before?

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: Number of questions for each section in ppl exam

Your instructor is going to be the best guide on what to do next. Although there is probably no legal reason why you couldn't go on to do some post-solo dual training, it may be of limited use to you. Another consideration is CASA's surveillance of the school. They may take a dim view of a student undergoing post-solo dual training when they haven't gone solo yet.

It is frustrating I know but it would probably be best to just hang on for a little while longer and stagger those last two lessons as your instructor suggested. You wouldn't be the first to have their flying training held up by paperwork.

Cheers,

Rich

• stanley1985
  • Topic Author

stanley1985 replied the topic: Number of questions for each section in ppl exam

Ok I shall wait for casa then.

Thank you Richard for your time and advice!!!

Time to create page: 0.100 seconds