Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Performance question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Performance material for exam

• webba84

webba84 replied the topic: Performance material for exam

I'm sure this must be a very foolish question, but I just can't get my head around it - are we really supposed to print out all of CASR & MOS 91 and 135? It's something like 500 pages!

Is everyone taking full copies of 91 and 135 into the Performance exam?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Performance material for exam

I have put together an extract of the material that is relevant to the Performance Exam. It will shortly be posted on our web page. However you must be aware that CASA has said that if you use the extract and you find that an exam question relates to information that is not in the extract, you cannot use that as an argument to have your result revised.

You are correct. The vast majority on the content of the CASRs and MOSSs is in no way relevant to the Performance Exam.

File Attachment:

File Name: PERFORMANC...copy.pdf
File Size:2,059 KB
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: webba84

• webba84

Thank you so much Bob, you're a lifesaver!

Edit: Passed the exam :cheer:

• Thank you received: 0

Kerrylee replied the topic: Performance material for exam

Congrats on passing!

Wish I knew this extract was coming to save me printing the whole lot! I did ring the office and ask, it wasn’t avail then

Any surprises for the exam? Did you have plenty of time without having to rush or run out of time? I found with online practice exam ran out of time, it seemed to have so so many echo, alpha, and long answer questions majority of exam.

Thanks for any help, looking at sitting this Tuesday

• webba84

Cheers :)

I actually ended up taking the full documents into the exam, since I'd already gone to the trouble of printing them as well and I wasn't 100% sure there might not be something in there that wasn't in the extract (needn't have bothered). The extract was still very useful for preparation as it's a quick read through of the important content and once you're familiar with it then its easy and quick to find the right section of the complete document.

No real surprises in the exam, I found the Bob Tait textbook excellent not only in terms of covering the content but also emphasising the right things - if you're taking the time to do all the examples and practice questions then you should feel pretty good in the actual test.

After putting quite a few hours into just drilling the key problems (boring but worth it) I didn't have much time pressure in the exam. I reckon it's not enough just to remember how to do each type of question, you actually want to practice a bit till you can do them quickly and without mistakes - not doing this is what has tripped me up before. Also, start with the questions worth the most points and take your time on them right at the beginning of the exam, way less stressful than trying to do those last with the clock ticking down.

Best of luck with it, you'll feel so good once it's done and out of the way!

• Thank you received: 0

Kerrylee replied the topic: Performance material for exam

Thank you kindly, yes I will Amen!

Time to create page: 0.081 seconds